Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Running for Signatures

I did quite some exercise today. My task: run around campus and get as many signatures as you can. The Australian way of enrolling is to go to each department that offers the unit you would like to take, and ask whoever is the head if he allows you to enroll for it. Since I don't really have one department but I choose whatever units I find interesting, it can happen that one person to visit is at one end of the campus and some other person is the opposite direction.
I got four (yay) signatures today but two of them are not certain yet as one of the units is too full and the other one is also but might be emptied if the lecturer can manage to get full degree students to take it next semester. I'm hoping for the best cuz that module (film and tv - history of screen language) is one of the most interesting ones. I also have to check back with Lufbra if the units aren't too irrelevant but I hope that they will say yes to whatever as long as it has to do with media. Cuz I'm not doing stupid CCT anymore or anything that is upright BORING as most of the stuff at Lufbra. One reason I came here is to be able to take modules and learn stuff I cannot learn in England. So Sabina BETTER lemme do my thing.
This blog entry is quite boring cuz all I did today was run around on campus getting those signatures and half of my day tomorrow will look the same. However, I first have a meeting at 9.30 AM (meh) about international orientation or something, then I can run my errands and THEN there is this huge party at the Tavern from 3 PM onwards with free food and drinks as I was told (I'm already doing the AM, PM thing even though I hate it but I'm too lazy to change it back even though writing this bs probably takes longer than changing it...). I guess it's gonna be full so I'll have to get there early.
I don't like me evenings yet cuz most of the time I just sit around in my room doing nothing and feeling lonely. I guess I will have to stalk people more imposing myseld on them (even though I don't like doing that) but who meets people sitting around in a room all day? No one...

2 comments:

  1. That's right! go out and meet people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! stalk! say "hey what are you doing tonight? wana go out for drinks?!"

    where's this Roman and who ever the hell the other one boys?
    we had the ebst radio show yesterday =D and an awesome training session after that! but I[ve now COMPLETELY fucked up my shoulder, and it's getting slightly dislocated =p so I'm being good and stopping sport. URGH I feel fat already! I hate this Scarlet, it's ruined my day =(

    ReplyDelete