Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wein Und Bier, Das Lob Ich Mir. Bier Und Wein, Das Lass Ich Sein

I'm gonna start this entry off with saying something I forgot to mention in the previous one. Gas is SO fricking cheap here. One liter only costs 1.15 AUS which is bout 58 Eurocents at the current exchange rate and I would say about 40 pence. I'm seriously thinking of renting a car during the two weeks of easter break we get and just drive around for a while, looking at the whole of Western Australia. There's supposed to be many nice places one should see and if I rented a car with someone else, it would really be much cheaper than a flight. However, we don't know yet how things are with the German lisence and if things are easily transferrable. I will hopefully find out soon so I can plan my holidays. Many people I've talked to have already decided what they are gonna do so I think I'm a bit late. We'll see.....
So back to the Friday. I only had one class on Friday at 11.00 o'clock: the adervtizing lecture. It was really hard for me to get out of bed that morning and I almost just layed in but then I decided to go anyway. I just didn't take a shower so I could stay in bed a couple more minutes. It took me quite a while to find the lecture hall until I noticed that I already knew where it was but had never noticed it. That's one thing I hate bout maps: I cannot read them (or at least not as well as others). If someone told me where it was I would get there much easier. Oh well.. now I know where everything is and getting there won't take as much time anymore.
The class was pretty interesting cause the lecturer (a highly pregnant woman) showed us video clips and examples of commercials so we would understand her points better. I have a feeling that teaching is much better and easier to understand here. Or I guess I just chose the right units. Even though it was interesting, it also was pretty long and by the end of the lecture I rather texted than really paying attention. Also, I was pretty tired so it was hard for me to focus anyway.
Right after the lecture, Sebastian told me that Rohan (his roommate) was gonna go to the beach by car and that there was one more spot in the car. I spontaneously decided to come with since I didn't have anyhting else to do that day. Unfortunately Rohan didn't know the way and the direction he got off Google Maps took us on the biggest detour. However, after bout 45 minutes we made it to Cottesloe beach. Sebastian, Rohan and Jacob (another one of Sebastian's roommates) went to take a dip in the water right away. Since I still don't have a swimsuit or anything of that sort, I decided to just lay in the sand and read my German magazine. I've been trying to find an Australian equivalent to Glamour or something similar but every magazine seems to be twice as expensive here. I guess I will have to stick to books. I brought two and they're still untouched. But one of them is P.S. I love you and I don't really feel like reading that cause it would make me sad.
So after the boys came back from their swim, they laid down for a bit as well. Rohan however seems to be pretty restless and so quickly he decided to take a walk. It was his first time to the beach and he wanted to have a look I guess. After he came back he suggested to go to Scarborough beach (the second to next one up) to go surfing. So we packed up and got in the car. This time Sebastian was the navigator and we got to Scarborough pretty quickly where Rohan got his surfboard right away and Sebastian and Jacob went for a swim again. I stayed on land again but took some pictures of the many kitesurfers around the beach. It was pretty fun watching them cause it looked amazing how they surfed along the water so fast. I wonder how the control their kites. Must be pretty tough. Sebastian also loved the kitesurfers and soon put the idea into his head of definately trying it. He asked some random kitesurfer how much lessons would be and after he found out that they were really expensive and one also had to get the equipment, he kinda lost interest.
We only stayed for bout 45 minutes and then decided to head home at bout 17.00 o'clock. Sebastian took over the map again and lead us on the right track. However, we soon got into the rush hour traffic and what should have taken us 30 minutes, ended up taking 1 hour. We also almost crashed several times cause Rohan is quite the racer and he seemed to not really listen to what Sebastian was saying, so that we had to change lanes last minute more than once. Luckily we made it back to campus in one piece and all went to get ready for the KV dinner. There was gonna be Kangaroo Curry so everyone was pretty excited. When I got to the common room at 19.00 o'clock there was the longest line. The doors hadn't opened yet and more and more people were queing up. I found Sebastian and just stood with him, skipping about 20 or more people. However, I wasn't feeling all too well since I'd been having a headache ever since we went to Scarborough.
They had Curry, Sushi, Pizza, Lasagna, Salad, Chicken Wings and Prawns for dinner and one could take whatever (s)he wanted. I didn't get too much but of course had to try the curry. It was pretty yummie and the meat was similar to beef but with a little special taste to it. Everybody sat down wherever they found space and so people also sat on the floor or the stairs to eat their food. Aftewards, there was gonna be a movie but people left pretty quickly and even icecream didn't convince anyone to stay. At some point there were 2 people watching the film but they also left quickly. I sat down with Anders, Sebastian, Emanuel and some other guy (who was the MOST annoying to me cause he wouldn't let people finish talking... EVER) and we had some wine, listeting to music from Anders' laptop. Sebastian also got me an aspirin and so I started feeling better. Since Mugun had invited us to a party over at Vickery house we finished our drinks and then headed there with Judith (a girl from Vienna) and Ben (an American guy from Ohio if I remember correctly). Anders stayed in KV and had a chat with that annoying guy.
When we got to Vickery we first stopped at some other party that was going on there but soon people left to go clubbing. We didn't go cause we all didn't have money or passports on us so we headed to the other party that was just next door. It was just a bunch of people hanging around, chatting and drinking. It was pretty fun cause people were nice and interested in you (more or less) and everyone seemed to be wanting my number. I guess everyone was a little drunk. Mugun and Raymond ended up being too drunk and so by the end of the night some 'collateral damage' had to be cleaned up and people had to be schlepped home. Soon after the party was over and Sebastian and me decided to walk back home. I fell into bed drunk and fell asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment