Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Can't Wait For The Weekend To Begin

Saturday was a pretty lame day. The whole weekend was actually not so eventful. All I did on Saturday was go to the Carousel Mall with Sebastian to get pots, pans and plates for cheap. At night I stayed in and watched Desperate Housewives and Lola Rennt. Saturdays is usually a quiet day here at Curtin cause apparently Friday is THE day to go out. I also skyped with Egle and she told me how cool Prague was. Apparently she met many very cool people who she is already good friends with. I'm still looking and I decided that it would be easier for me to stick to the Europeans cause I just get along with them better. I guess for that Prague would have been a great place to go to. Oh well... No I'm here and I'm gonna try to make my time worthwhile. I can still go to Prague some other time but Australia is a chance I don't get for long.
Besides the slight depression Sebastian, Linus (some Swedish guy) and I went to the outlet mall on Sunday. First we weren't gonna go cause Sebastian didn't really wanna run around the mall for hours and look for clothes, which had been my plan for the day. He had suggested to go to the beach again but Rohan's car was full and I guess he didn't wanna take the long trip by bus and train again. Actually, he was pretty iffy today anyway. So was I actually... It was too humid and hot today and I guess our brains were melting, along with our motivation to do anything. However, we ended up going to the mall but only spent 1.5 hours there. I walked around on my own as Sebastian went looking for shoes and Linus left pretty quickly cause he wanted to be back in time to play soccer at 16.00 o'clock. Even though I searched bout 10 stores I didn't find anything I really liked and what I tried on was too small or looked weird. I still don't get the dress sizes but all the stores seem to only have pants going up to size 14 which I looked up just now and in European that's a 40. So apparently I'm an 18 here, even though an Australian 14 KINDA fit me... I have no clue how I'm supposed to find fitting pants in this place. I might have to go to an oversize store which would be mostly embarrassing for me. I hope I will find some store at some point to avoid that shame or I just won't buy pants here at all. Let's hope sizes for swimsuits are different or I'm gonna have to spend my entire holiday without going in the water.
So I ended up leaving without anything even though there was an outlet store selling converse shoes for bout 45 Euros whereas they usually are 70 Euros in Germany. I'm definately gonna go back there and see if I can find some clothes and I will probably buy a pair of converse at some point. Mine are bout to fall apart and already have holes in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment