Sunday, April 5, 2009

Snoozed Exams and Proud Turks


Where was I?........ Thursday last week. I think I did nothing. Can't remember anything special anyways. On Friday I didn't do much either except for having a little drink and chat with people outside. We were actually supposed to go to Northbridge together but Judith and Karolina changed their mind and so we just sat with the other people by the BBQ place. I had a good time just talking about random stuff and singing ABBA songs with Karoline. At some point, when I just came back from the bathroom (my timing was perfect actually) I saw the security guards giving us a lecture about being too noisy and messy. They actually took some people's names and told us to clean up immediatly. That incident actually killed the mood and so people cleaned up and started leaving. I didn't wanna go home yet and so a couple of us ended up at Ander's place to just sit and talk for a bit more. However, it didn't take lon until security showed up agian, this time being sent because some one from downstairs didn't like our party. Anders was very apologetic but got into big trouble because apparently it hadn't been the first but the sixth time that security had to come up to his flat. I really don't understand how some people who live in halls on campus call security if there's just one person sneezing too loudly instead of coming over, asking to be more quiet. I mean.. when you live on campus you have to expect certain things and silent neighbors isn't one of them. Anyway... Anders ended up with being told that this was gonna be the last time to have a party at his flat and if he was too noisy again, he would be thrown out of the accommodation. At least he didn't have to pay a fine or anything. Great job to whoever called security!
I don't think I did anything else during that weekend except going through some rough times with my boyfriend. But I don't wanna go into detail here.... Monday I actually didn't go to Curtin FM cause I wasn't feeling all too well. The cold hat really hit me. Tuesday however, I felt better and so I went to the advertizing tutorial in which we just talked about the upcoming mid-term exam and worked on our group projects. I am actually looking forward to doing this one cause we will have to make our own two print ads by the end and present our product to the class. I think we can really do well on this one. At 15.00 o'clock I met up with Denise to work on our PR essay that was due this Thursday. We sat down in the library but didn't really get to work cause about 30 minutes later Denise's boyfriend called and told her to come to the city with him cause they had to pick up some tickets. I agreed to come with and so I spent my afternoon in town watching Denise and Jerome having lunch (I had already had food and wasn't hungry).
After lunch, Denise decided that I had to try Bubble Tea and so we went to this place where they make cold tea in about 30 different flavors and put little jelly things in them that dissolve a little. From the puzzled look on my face the owner of the shop guessed that I was a first-timer and so he suggested to get strawberry tea with little black balls that looked like cavair of a monster fish. Cause the jelly things are so big, you get a big straw to suck them up with the tea. As soon as I tried my first fish egg I regretted it. They didn't really taste like anyhting but had the texture of in water dissolved gummi bears. So not pleasent! I managed to drink about half the tea, only eating about 4 of the balls. The rest I threw away. At some point I really couldn't have it anymore and so I stopped being nice and threw it away. Bubble tea is a very useless invention for people that like to eat slimy stuff...
We drove to Denise's flat which is one of the funniest flats I have ever seen. The way it was built was just weird but cute. I would like to live there. It has about enough space for two people. It wasn't all too cosy but Denise and Jerome haven't had much time to arrange it cause they moved just when classes started. Both of them also work 40 hours a week cause they have to afford their living and university. Also, the flat they lived in before had been broken into and the guys stole their laptops, money, shoes and more. Thank god campus is a little safer at least in that perspective. Jerome was so tired that he feel asleep on the beanbag soon and Denise and I tried to work on our essays but were just as unsuccessful as before. She then drove me home where I went to bed quickly.
For Wednesday I had agreed with Denise to meet up again to get our essays done and so after handball training, which was pretty messy this time cause we were only 7 people of which 4 didn't know how to play, we took a shower in the gym and went for dinner at Nando's. Afterwards we drove to the computer labs and sat there for about 5 hours, kind of progressing but not really. Denise finished her essay but she had had more than me. I on the other hand had one of those weeks where nothing seemed to work and so I asked my tutor if I could get a one day extension. She granted me my wish and so I went home with my essay half way done.
Thursday I devoted the whole day to working on my stuff, the essay as well as studying for my mid-term exam for advertizing. My brain was still blocked and so I spent hours just staring at my laptop screen, doing everything else BUT work on my essay. It had never been as horrible as this week. However, by the end of the night I was about three quarters done and felt pretty confident. I went to bed but couldn't sleep for quite some time and so I feel asleep very late.
That became my doom the next morning when I didn't hear the alarm and overslept my exam. It was supposed to start at 11.00 but my alarm for 9.30 became victim of the snooze button. At 11.00 I was woken up by the door bell, which I also weirdly enough had dreamt about. Drowsy I looked at the clock realizing that I was already late. As fast as I had never gotten ready before I ran into the bathroom, washed my face, brushed my teeth and got dressed. In a record of 5 minutes I rushed to the lecture hall which luckily was closest of all my lecture halls for the other units and arrived there 20 minutes late and drenched in sweat. I thank the lord (or whoever is up there) that it was a mulitiple choice test and so I still had enough time to get all the questions done. It wasn't too hard and most of it was logical thinking and common knowledge. I hadn't studied much so I think that I can do super well on my exam in June if I study then.
After the exam there was no time to relax but I had to get my essay done and write another news script for broadcasting. After getting breakfast and the biggest coffee they had, I sat down in the computer lab and finished my essay and my news script. After handing in the news script, I rushed to building 402 in which I thought I could give my essay to my tutor. But cause she is not really a teacher but actually a PR practitioner she didn't have a classroom and so I ran around in circles for about 15 minutes trying to find her. Randomly I asked someone who told me that she thought that Jenny was in a different building and so in panic and despair I decided intuitively to run to a different building where I found Jenny sitting on a bench. I handed in the essay about 2 minutes before it was due. My day was saved!!!! I can't believe how lucky I actually was but this must have been one of the most stressful days of my life. Actually, it will also have been the most stressful week of my time here cause in no other week I will have 3 things due in 2 days...
After I was finally able to breathe again I made my way down to my room, making dinner and getting ready for the night out. Friday was summer fest and I had bought my ticket 3 weeks in advance. Now I was looking forward to it even more. At about 18.00 I went to Karolina's flat where I met up with some other people for pre-drinks. We had a few drinks and chats with some dance music in the background. I hadn't been there for 15 minutes when a housing assistant came into the living room saying that we needed to turn the music down cause some girl in the flat had an exam the next morning. Another one of those moments where I can just shake my head. If you think the music is too loud, come over YOURSELF and SAY SOMETHING! Karolina was even more pissed cause that hadn't been the first time that that girl was giving the other ones crap. And who the hell has an exam on Saturday!? BullShit!
Asshole girl (as she is being called by Karolina now) was topic of conversation for another hour when we finally made our way to the party. However, we wanted to stop off at Björn's place before. Everyone else had left but we thought it was too early to go to the tav. However, Björn's place was empty and so we stayed at Maddie's and Magnus' place for a bit. Cause they're a couple they have the studio flat in Don Watts house. I am SO jealous. I really start to hate Rotary. I live in a place where food rotts in the fridge cause people forget about it, trying to stuff shit in there for 8 people (all the other houses have twice that space). My freezer is so loud that I have to close the door to the kitchen at night. (I don't even know how a freezer can be that loud). Anyway... At about 20.00 we walked to the tav where the party was fully going on. The only shit thing was that you had to buy coupons to buy drinks. There was no cash transactions that night. Actually, that was kind of good cause buying drinks was much quicker then. However, if you lost your coupons, you lost money.
Tha party was alright. There were two dancefloors with house and hip hop music. I don't know what I did the entire time but I remember having a conversation with Wesley at some point about how I hated smoking, asking him for 7 reasons why he liked it. Unfortunately, he was able to give me 7 and so I had to let him go. However, not without taking one cigarrette from his mouth and breaking it in two. (I had never felt that evil... but I was drunk so you can't really blame me). (Und ja Papsi, ich trinke ab und zu mal einen...) At 23.00 o'clock the party started to emtpy and so I also decided to head home, having lost Magnus, Maddie and Karolina at 22.30 o'clock. I met Anne (a half French, half Philippino girl) and Abbie (a Dutch girl) with whom I walked home. We also took Gem (I think that's how you spell his name), a Turkish guy who told me that Hitler was not mad but stupid, trying to take on the states and Russia at the same time. He also told me that Hitler could have gone through Turkey instead of Russia but didn't do so cause he was too afraid. Well, well... the Turks are a proud people.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Turkish guy's funny! why was he talking about Hitler? drunken politics? bless!

    ReplyDelete