Sunday, February 22, 2009

19... 20... 21

Given the alcohol level I had on Wednesday night, I woke up pretty late on Thursday. I don't even remember what I really did but after a shower, I went to Cole's (the supermarket across the street) and got some last minute food and drinks before the residence meeting at 16:30. There we just were welcomed by all the Kurrajong village people and Mort, the friendly security guy, who told us bout driving your car on campus, parking and blah, blah, blah... The only good thing about that meeting was the free Pizza afterwards.
People scattered pretty quickly and I was left again, not knowing what to do. Around 18:00 I went back to my room and started arranging my schedule. It didn't take me as long as I thought but it was pretty complicated signing up for all the different lectures, tutorials and seminars for my four units. Bringing them together was quite tough and I even had to drop a unit I really wanted to do because the lectures were already full and it wouldn't have fit with the other units I wanted. So I ended up taking:

1) Introduction to Broadcast
2) Advertizing
3) PR
4) History of Documentary

I think the first is gonna be the coolest and the 3rd, the hardest because it's probably gonna involve quite some business and marketing. But I had to take it because there aren't that many other media units that sounded interesting. They all still sound better than the stuff I'm doing at Lufbra and I'm looking forward to finding out about what's gonna be taught. My first tutorial is on Tuesday. My schedule wants me to have Mondays off and I'm fine with that! ;)

After I got my schedule done I was bored again and so I started watching Desperate Housewives online but that only satisfied me for one episode. So I texted Sebastian and told him I was bored. He came over cause apparently he didn't have anything to do either. We walked to the liquor store (here they don't sell alcohol in supermarkets... it's like in the states. Generally Perth reminds me of Florida a lot) and got some Vodka, wine and dinner from KFC for me. Actually, I've been eating too much junkfood lately. I still don't have many cooking utensiles and I don't wanna have pasta for a whole week either.
So we walked back to my place, dropped the Vodka and then looked for a place to hang out and have some fun. Sean, a Canadian guy who lives with Sebastian, suggested we come to George James (another hall in the Kurrajong village, which I will call KV from now on) where a couple of people were hanging out, playing some drinking games. We got there and just sat down without even really introducing ourselves (but most of the people knew Sebastian anyway). People here are pretty cool and open for others and so we just had our wine when Daniel (another Canadian) suggested to play the game 21. That must have been one of the funniest games I've played ever. People came up with awesome rules and often we didn't even get to the number 21 without 20 interruptions because people made mistakes and had to drink. However, at some point we all got tired of the game and started playing some new ones, which were just as fun. We had a good time but pretty early, around 24:00, people got tired and went to bed. So I did too...

No comments:

Post a Comment