Friday, February 13, 2009

1st Day In Curtin

Today things look a bit different, even though they guy from yesterday (I forgot his name again) apologized to me again. Oh well, as I said: it can only get better! They already do actually.
I almost overslept my meeting at 15:30. (YES, I did sleep that long but I have a jetlag and went to sleep at 6 I think). The meeting was just bout how to behave living here, what to do and what not to do, etc.... So pretty boring.
After the meeting I got lost trying to find my way back to my hall. I eventually found it and had to go shopping right away. The stores close at 6PM here and are not open on Sundays. Used to that from Germany but England is still pretty convenient with Tesco n stuff. So I went to get some food and basic utensils for cooking. The store is RIGHT across the main road outside campus so I didn't have to schlepp my stuff all that far.
When I came back I met some of my flat mates. One American dude, who seems to be nice, but I already forgot his name. 2 Chinese guys I think, and 1 Chinese girl. Haven't met the other girls yet. But there is also 2 other guys (in towels) and I don't know where they're from. Just saw them getting ready to take a shower. They were tasty... ;)
So I think there's 5 dudes and 5 chicks, but I could be wrong. I think it's actually 4 and 4 cuz one Chinese dude might be visiting the other. Or one of the guys in towels doesn't live here... I'll find out!
So I have to get ready for my first ever Australian BBQ outside my hall. Got chicken and stuff and am ready to meet people.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, it was still Thursday here when you posted your "arrival blog" and even though you're writing in English, the menu's in German (Kommentar veröffentlichen), hehe. Anyway, hope you're getting settled well, and in case you get frustrated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=twDsyH_7iw8&feature=related
    Take care!
    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, ich weiß. Mal schauen, ob ich das Menu auf Englisch stellen kann. Aber auch Englisch muss ich schreiben, weil sonst meine Freunde kein Wort verstehen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care and don't burn ya boobs down there!
    ;-)
    Keep us posted on your experiences, that blog is a brilliant idea!
    Best Regards from snowy Frankfurt!
    Matt
    :-)

    ReplyDelete