Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday To You, Marmelade Im Schuh....


Sunday isn't worth mentioning so I'm just gonna skip it here and get straight to Monday. So Monday was my BIRTHDAY (yay!!!!!!!). I wasn't too excited cause I knew that not many people were gonna know about it. I got up late cause Mondays are uni-free days for me. I had nothing to do really so I took my time having breakfast and taking a shower, while reading the first 100 birthday wishes that flooded my facebook wall. Then I walked to campus and dealt with some things like signing the withdrawal form (I was still enrolled for 3 more units which I had to drop again cause I'm only allowed to take 4) and getting my linen pack, which I received upon arrival, paid. I was done quickly so I walked back to my room, watched about 2 episodes of desperate housewives (my new favorite show) and waited for Sebastian to come around so we could go shopping for the BBQ. We got meat, drinks and chips (the usual) and also stopped by the pharmarcy to get me something for my bugbites (I have about 20 on each leg. Those motherf***** love me). After having carried all my shit to my place it was time to wait agian. Since it was the first day of classes people were busy and I just had to wait until the BBQ for people to congratulate me (even though most of them had already done that through facebook).
At about 20 to 8 Anders and Sebastian came over to help me carry the stuff over to the BBQ place. I was still making tomato, mozzarella salad when I noticed that the cheese in Australia known as mozzarella tasted more like German gouda to me (die spinnen die Aussies). Luckily Sebastian still had some other cheese which looked and tasted more like the mozzarella I know but was just called different and so I was able to make the salad after all. We then got all the stuff to the BBQ place where Anders had already started up the grills. We were already late but there was no one else there until random people just passing by showed up and sat down. Sebastian told everyone that it was my birthday so I ended up getting congratulations from people I had never even met.
I had already thought that people were gonna be late but I didn't think that only half of the people I originally invited would actually show up. Benedikt (the German guy from Mainz) was one of the first and he was HUNGRY! Throughout the evening he had about 5 pieces of chicken and lots of salad (and he didn't even get me anything). Later Roman came and some others, which I had invited but they sat at the other table, had their own little BBQ and then left which I thought was kinda rude. At least they had their own food...
I had bought some wine for the night which I was drinking the entire time (very yummy Yellow Tail Sauvignon Blanc... will have to get that one again!) and so at some point I got annoyed that Chloe hadn't shown up yet (it was already 21.30) and so I walked to her flat and knocked on the door. She seemed very surprised to see me but calmed be down by telling me to be patient cause she was preparing a present. And I was calmed down... lol She showed up about 30 minutes later with a card signed by her, Kate and Craig (their Tasmanian roommate) and a bottle of Yellow Tail red wine. I don't know how preparing that could have taken so long but after all, they got me something. ;) I'm guessing the red wine is gonna be as good as the white one. Then Chloe and Kate went for a run (which took about 1 hour) and afterwards Chloe was too tired to stay and have a drink or just talk, so I was kinda upset. But the wine put me in a good mood then...
Sebastian, Anders and Roman also got the something. At some point Sebastian disappeared and then came back, putting a small vase with self picked flowers and a bittle of Abosult Vodka. Apparently people think I love drinking... or they just didn't know what else to get me. :D Later an Austrain girl I had met on Wednesday also came with (guess what) a bottle of Sekt. Apparently Sebastian had invited them but they called cause they didn't know the way and then he told them that it was my birthday, making them get me that Sekt. What a sweetheart. :D
Judith came with Ben (an American dude), Anne (a girl from France/Philippines) and Abbey (a Dutch girl). Just have a birthday party and you will meet lots of new people. We had some food, some more drinks and nice conversations but people started leaving pretty early and at about 23.30 it was just Sebastion, Priscilla (a Singaporian girl I had met on Wednesday as well and who showed up even though she was the last one I thought to be there... cute girl), Anders and me. So we cleaned up, got the stuff back to my place and all went to bed. I guess it wasn't the greatest party I've ever had but at least some people got me something and Sebastian really tried to make it nice for me. He's a really nice guy!
When I came back online there was about another 200 (not really but I would like to think so) birthday wished waiting for me. Thank god for facebook or some of us wouldn't remember any birthdays whatsoever... Then I went to bed

1 comment:

  1. Etwas verspaetet auch von mir Happy Birthday (busy with tutorials, job interview and meeting supervisors...)... LG, Sigrun

    ReplyDelete