Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vamos A La Playa


On Friday morning I was woken up at 9:00 in the morning by someone mowing the lawn right in front of my window. I was pissed but was able to fall back asleep for another 2 hours. Then I woke up on my own and shortly after Sebastian sent a text asking me if I wanted to go to the beach. I agreed, had breakfast and got ready. After he went shopping for a new sim card we headed to the bus stop (the same I went to with Roman) and luckily the bus came shortly after. We took the bus to its end stop (I still don't know what it is called) and from there took the train to Perth city. There we learned that the trains of the Fremantle line (the one we had to take) weren't running between Deglish and Frematle (the stop for the beach was exactly in the middle of that). However, they had replacement buses running and so we got on the next bus at Deglish. Unfortunately, the sun was scolding hot yesterday but the train company decided to send us a bus without air conditioning and with a bus driver who seemed to have driven racing cars before he entered the bus business. I'm surprised we didn't get injured and made it to the beach in one piece. In fact, we almost missed the stop but luckily Sebastian noticed last minute.
We hopped off and walked towards the beach which took another 10 minutes up and then down the hill from the bus stop. Overall, the trip took us more than twice as long than it usually would. We went to Cottesloe, the same beach I had already been to with Chloe, Kate and her mom. It wasn't too crowded and after getting a beach towel for myself and iced coffee for the both of us we layed down on the beach and just chilled. It was pretty cloudy so it wasn't too hot, but when the sun came out it felt like you were melting. So we decided to take a dip in the water which was actually pretty warm. Apparently it's gonna stay that warm all year even when the temperature is gonna drop in fall and winter. It was cold at first but once you got used to it, it wasn't too bad. We didn't really go swimming cause I didn't have a bathing suit (I will have to buy one soon) and so we just walked in the water until it reached our hips. I took some pretty cool pictures (they're on facebook of course) and after 2.5 hours of beach and a nice lunch of fish and chips (again, I know. But this time Sebastian ate something too...) we decided to head back. It was already pretty late and we didn't want to miss the last train home. The way back seemed shorter and we even met a couple of people I had met Wednesday night at the bus stop.
I was glad to get a shower back home causeeverything was full of sand and salt water. It was only until I looked in the mirror that I realized I had burned. My face was glowing red and my shoulders also didn't look too good. Luckily I had worn a tank top on the beach so it wasn't my entire back that was burned. So after the shower I got ready for a party that Jim had talked about and which later turned out to not be one. Apparently no one knew what was going on so Sebastian and me just went to the BBQ place where we met Anders, Emanuel (a guy from Mauritius) and a couple of other people just chilling there. Jim was nowhere to be seen. We just sat with them and talked. Later Jim showed up and said that there was nothing going on that night after all. He then disappeared at some point but Sebastiand and me stayed with Anders and Emanuel, listening to music on Anders' laptop and discussing history. Anders' two passions are music and history and so we had a pretty cool conversation about Jonny Cash and World War II (the two topics weren't connected... One just lead to another). At around 23:00 we decided to go to the pub across the street cause some guys had told us earlier that there was gonna be a nice party. However, when we got there, the lights were out and the doors were closed. So we went back to the BBQ place and sat down for a while agian. It was not until 1.00 that we split up and went to bed. I wasn't too tired so I still watched a movie and finally fell asleep at around 4 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment