Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rottnest And Other Adventures


So Thursday I was having a nervous break down cause I decided that I absolutely hate my flat. This place is just taking my air to breathe sometimes cause the people in here are just idiots. Except Alex. He's a cool guy (even though very American) but I'm planning a road trip with him so I will have to get along somehow. I'm actually looking into changing my flat. I am just the most unlucky person when it comes down to campus accommodation. I will have to ask God what kind of game he's playing with me... After a calming call from my sister I actually asked Jim to help me but got even more upset then cause he decided to ignore me. Once again. I am so done with this guy. -.-
Friday was just like any other day of sleeping in and missing class. Man, I am already starting to miss a few more than I wanted to. I actually met a guy who told me that his only goal this semester was not to pass his units but to attend EVERY lecture, even if he's asleep or busy not listening. But he will sit there for EVERY lecture. Kudos to that guy. LOL I think I would rather not to than having to sit there and falling asleep because the lecturer is going off on tangents about how to make kangaroo curry. Actually, sometimes even that could be more interesting than what we are told. But I shouldn't complain. Lectures here are still way more interesting than in Lufbra. On the way back from classes I bumped into Anders with whom I decided that we should have dinner together. So after he was done with his classes, Sebastian, Anders and me went to Coles to get food. Then we just hung out at Anders' place drinking red wine from a carton (actually tastes better than I think) and eating tomato mozzarella salad (which the guys rlly seemed to love), chicken and steak. Very yummie dinner but probably too much wine. And Anders did have a hell lot more than me and just dropped dead on his bed.
Sebastian was really surprised that Anders made it out of bed the next morning, getting to the airport to catch a plane to Rottnest island. Rottnest island is an island on the coast of Perth, about 30 minutes by fairy. It's called that cause at some point in history (dunno when exactly) a Dutch discoverer landed on its shore. Exploring the island he found small rat like creatures living around the island, mistaking them for rats. Hence it's called 'the rats nest'. Of course the creatures were not rats but so called Quoakkas, marsupials from the kagaroo family. They're quite cute actually but also kinda filghty cause they would even eat vomit. Anywho... that's not my point, even though I'm sure that some of the people we spent the night with vomited here or there. ;)
Anders, Björn, Glenn, Judith and Karolina took the 'privat' plane to the island which of course was ten times faster than the busses that Sebastian and me took but also more expensive. When we finally arrived at the beach at 17.30 o'clock (which took us ages to find and to walk to) they had been there since 13.00 o'clock, laying in the sun and drinking heavily. With them were about 30 other people, mainly Norwegians, who were also mostly drunk. I swear, that one weekend of Norwegian is enough for a whole year. We just hung out at the beach, taking swims, drinking, talking, laughing and so on until the security showed up at some point, seeming quite pissed off that we were littering heavily (drunk Norwegians aren't the tidiest people). They told us to clean up and get the stuff into the bins, also not forgetting to mention that camping or sleeping on the beach was illegal and would be fined with about 100 dollars each. That said, our accommodation for the night was gone.
Since securty promised us to come back after sunset, we got a little scared and left at bout 22.00 o'clock, cleaning up as good as we could. Juditch, Karolina, Björn, Glenn and me walked up the steepest sand dune of all times, ready to go to sleep. Unfortunetly Anders and Sebastian were still enjoying themselves at the beach. However, some Norwegian guy named Thomas had offered us to stay at his place for the night and so Judith really didn't wanna have to pay a fine. It took us about 1 hour to get to his place, what should have taken us only 30 minutes but we kept losing the people we were supposed to follow and so we had to put in several stops. Nevertheless, we made it to his house. However, somehow word got around and about 20 other people decided to follow us. Drunk Norwegians are also very loud and ruthless and so it didn't take long until security showed up at Thomas' place, telling us off for not cleaning up the beach and for being too f**** noisy. That then resulted in everyone being thrown out of the apartment and the people who had rented it were threatened with having to pay a fine if they would have anyone sleep over.
Very pissed off and frustrated we all left the flat. Anders (agian) was the drunkest (and also the loudest) so we tried to get rid of him by splitting up into smaller groups, firmly convinced that the smaller and quieter a group was, the less potential it had to get caught. The simplest of all logics that we figured out that night and which shall be used on several more occasions. So Judith, Karolina, Sebastian and me started walking around, trying not to get caught by security. Apparently one was only safe when walking around. However, after about 30 minutes we decided to try out luck agian and headed back to the flat. We were let in and allowed to sleep on the floor. By now everyone was pretty dead and tired (except Anders) and we all looked for a spot to sleep. I was gonna take the couch, but was taught a bitter lesson cause it was right next to the porch where a few breave men kept drinking and screaming their heads off. Especially this one guy really started to piss me off cause he ended up getting the neighbours over three times and also drank my vodka, that I had in my backpack. I guess he just started going through everyone's bags to look for more alcohol. Luckily, he didn't have the whole bottle. Still, I couldn't really complain bout him cause he was the one letting us sleep over. And we even forgot to pay him money for it. (ooops)
The night was short and I only got about 2 hours of sleep on a cold and very hard floor. I guess that's also where I got the cold from that's slowly creeping onto me. We ended up packing our things quickly at 8.00 o'clock, kind of fleeing the 'crime scene'. We just wanted to get away from those people as quickly as possible. Apparently Anders hadn't slept at all, having drinking and singing contests with the whacky guy until 6.00 AM. Thank god I hadn't had that much to drink the night before or that morning would have been miserable. We all got breakfast (or those of us who were able to eat at all) and then decided to lay on the beach for a while. Our plane and fairy wasn't leaving until mid day and so we had another hour or two to sleep on the beach and recuperate a little. I actually slept for another hour. Felt like heaven. The sandy beach was such a nice break for my back.
The others left earlier than us, taking the plane back again and so Sebastian and me just sat for a while, talking and waiting for our fairy. The ride back home was the longest I had to ever take. Since it was Sunday, buses were going at different times and stopped running and so we had to take the biggest detour, which ended with walking across the whole campus. I was SOOOO tired, if Sebastian hadn't told me to get off the bus I would have taken it all the way til the last stop. Never doing that again.... We actually decided to go back to Rottnest. It's a beautiful place and we all didn't want that weekend to be our last memory of it. But next time there will be appropriate accommodation. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment